The registration process
- Read the Lobbying Code of Conduct to ensure you are aware of your obligations under the code.
- Complete the online registration form. Make sure you check your details before submitting your registration.
- An acknowledgement will be sent to the email address you provide. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the statutory declaration(s) required under Clause 10.1 of the Code and mail to:
Register of Lobbyists
Department of Premier and Cabinet
GPO Box 123
HOBART TAS 7001
- Once your application has been approved, your details will appear on the register and you will be notified by email. This may take up to 10 business days from the date your statutory declarations are received.
Information required for the registration process
You will need to provide:
- Your business entity name and Australian Business Number (ABN) and trading name.
- The names of owners, partners or major shareholders as applicable.
- Contact details: name, phone number, facsimile and email address. Please include area codes.
- Names and positions of all individuals employed, contracted or otherwise engaged by your entity to carry out lobbying activities.
- Names of clients who have engaged the lobbyist on a retainer to make representations to Government representatives.
- Names of clients who have, in the previous three months, engaged the lobbyist to make representations to Government representatives, whether paid or unpaid.
- Website address (optional).
How to update your details
If you need to change or update your registration details please send an email to email@example.com detailing the changes and we update the register for you.